Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I made it!


Hey all!

I have arrived in Barcelona! The flight was REALLY long but I made it! I have already met another American who is backpacking Europe alone as well. It´s ironic, we met at the information station at the airport exchanging money. He lives in Charlotte (small world) and is also a teacher! (REALLY small world!) We have already gone our seperate ways but we exchanged info to maybe meet up at another time . . . his itinerary is very similar to mine.

I don´t have much time to type now I am going to try to find my hostel . . . I´m at an internet cafe renting internet right now. I will write more later!

MUCH love from Pau Claris Street, Centre Cuidad, Catalonia Square

Derek :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Derek,
I am so happy you made it safely. We know you will have a wonderful time. We love you and can't help but worry. Stay safe!
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I am having a great summer, sounds like you are too. I want you to buy some books for school from where you are visiting. I think you don't want to talk about school over the summer though.
Did you get the picture I sent you over the phone before you left?
Have fun, be safe, and keep your blog updated. We'll check everyday.
Hamilton and Family

Crystal said...

Derek,
I feel like your school mom. Stay safe. Be smart. ENJOY and keep in touch.
Crystal